The Microinsurance Network is a not-for-profit membership-based association located in Luxembourg. We are driven by our vision of a world where people of all income levels are more resilient and less vulnerable to daily and catastrophic risks through improved access to effective risk management tools. Low-income consumers lie at the heart of our mission. We work with a broad range of stakeholders around the world to prioritise the needs, interests and well-being of our ultimate beneficiaries. In addition to 30 individual members, we represent more than 70 institutions working in more than 50 countries: a total of 375 experts. Our members include policymakers, insurers and reinsurers, donors, development agencies, private foundations, universities, think tanks, NGOs and other stakeholders from across the inclusive insurance supply chain.
We provide and facilitate a global multi-stakeholder platform through which members and strategic partners generate and share knowledge and information. The Network facilitates dialogue through multiple events each year and carries out in-depth research on specific topics, leveraging the expertise of members across the Network, distilling key lessons learned and best practices for adoption by the microinsurance sector. The Network places particular emphasis on ensuring that the expansion of the inclusive insurance sector goes hand in hand with developing high-quality insurance services, which are both profitable and meet client needs.
We are seeking a dynamic self-starter interested in joining our organisation as an Assistant Director. In this role you will work side by side with the Executive Director (ED) helping with all daily operational, managerial and administrative tasks as needed. You will also contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of set processes and goals and coordinate the development and execution of strategic fundraising efforts.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Being the ED’s right-hand person, taking responsibility for a number of important practicalities
- Assist in strategic business planning and analysis
- Serve as acting ED when required, including providing signature authority, resolving issues with staff or stakeholders, and overseeing programs and activities
- Ensure adequate financial resources for long-term planning and annual workplan implementation
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fund raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organisation
- Design and coordinate events such as regional workshops, Expert Forums and June Member Meeting (content, agenda, advertisement, registration, …
- Supervise the work done by the team in terms of event preparation, publications, Network communication outputs
- Represent the Network at regional and global events and deliver speaking opportunities during these events
- Master’s degree in business management, finance, economics or related field / Bachelor’s degree with significant and substantial relevant experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an assistant director
- Familiarity with or interest in microinsurance, financial inclusion and questions linked to poverty reduction
- Past experience in a leadership / secretariat role in a member-driven organisation is a strong preference
- Very good knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Past success in driving financial sustainability through fundraising and other activities
- Experience coordinating special events
- Exceptional clerical skills and strong business acumen
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent communicator both orally and written
- Comfortable self-starting assigned projects
- Confident and eager to engage with members, speakers, funders, and all stakeholders
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, innovation, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Available for long-haul international travel (4 to 6 trips of +/- 10 days over the year)
- Eligible to work in Luxembourg
CDI – Luxembourg Town
If you are interested in this position and want to join this small, dynamic team, please send a letter of motivation briefly explaining how you will achieve the job’s objectives and your resume by email to Sophie Lafleur at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE for sending in your application is 11 November 2018.